- Inflections of 'dispute' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dispute ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [legal, medical, business, civil, family, religious] dispute
- a [border, perimeter, boundary, territorial] dispute
- a dispute [about, over, concerning, regarding] the [border]
- a dispute over [tasks, responsibilities, limits]
- a dispute between [unions, friends, companies, neighbors]
- [a lengthy, an ongoing, a never-ending] dispute
- a [week, month, year] -long dispute (over)
- a dispute over [where, who, how much, what]
- [engaged, embroiled] in a (legal) dispute
- tried to [resolve, sort out, put an end to] the dispute
- involved in a [union, industrial] dispute (over)
- resolved their dispute [in, out of] court
- the [matter, question, point] is in dispute
- there is no dispute over the [fact that, existence of]
- a dispute over [working conditions, nuclear weapons, border controls]
- disputed her claim
- dispute the [issue, question, matter, facts]
- dispute the [outcome, validity]
- dispute the election
- you cannot dispute the facts
- cannot be disputed
- [can, will] be disputed in court
- has long been disputed
- disputed by experts
'dispute' also found in these entries: