WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dismalⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- what a dismal [day, place]!
- what dismal weather!
- am having a dismal day
- [is, was] a dismal failure
- after a dismal [performance, game]
- yet another dismal [performance]
- had a dismal [showing, record]
- had a dismal year
- returned dismal results
- was a dismal [attempt, effort] to
- this is a dismal situation
- the most dismal [aspect, part] of
- dismal at [best, times]
- [dark, damp] and dismal
- [pretty, totally, rather] dismal
'dismal' also found in these entries: