- Inflections of 'discourse' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
discourse ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- discourse at great length
- discourse in (great) detail
- discourse on the [history, standards] of
- discourse on current affairs
- discourse about recent [events, developments]
- was discoursing with his [followers, supporters]
- an [intelligent, intellectual] discourse (on)
- engage in discourse with
- [wrote, gave] a discourse (on)
- [public, political, civil, scientific, academic, social] discourse
- a discourse about
- the [parameters, quality] of discourse