WordReference English Collocations © 2020
direction ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- in a [southern, northern, western, eastern] direction
- the direction of [travel, movement, the wind]
- was [driving, running, facing, heading] in the wrong direction
- [wandered, ventured, set] off in the wrong direction
- the [cars, bikes, trucks] headed out in several directions
- what direction did the [wind, car] come from?
- the [attacks, insults, missiles] were coming from all directions
- are we going in the right direction?
- [what, which] direction do we go in now?
- what direction are we [heading toward, facing]?
- which direction is [north]?
- was given [accurate, wrong, helpful] directions
- was given directions to get to (the station)
- has a [poor, bad, good, sharp, great] sense of direction
- (need to) stop and ask for directions
- stop and get directions (to)
- can you give me directions to...?
- stopped the [car, bike] to ask for directions
- need directions to get to the [stadium, station, office, airport]
- asked for directions to the [station]
- followed the [local's, map's] directions
- can work with [minimal, barely any] direction
- needs [some, more] direction in life
- give [teenagers, students, your kids] direction in life
- his life seems to lack direction
- [profits, market share, popularity] soared under his direction
- under her [close, watchful, mindful, careful, expert] direction
- the direction of your [feelings, anger, thoughts]
- the [table, desk, furniture, machine] came with confusing directions
- follow the directions closely
- I never [read, use] the directions
- did you read the directions?
- read the directions [first, before]
- the [shampoo's, medicine's, product's] directions for use
- please [see, consult, read] the directions for use
'direction' also found in these entries: