WordReference English Collocations © 2020
diagnosisⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [professional, medical, laboratory, differential] diagnosis
- an [uncertain, unclear, incorrect] diagnosis]
- the [original, initial, likely, probable, possible] diagnosis
- was unable to make a diagnosis
- so, what's the diagnosis?
- did you get a diagnosis?
- finally got a diagnosis
- a diagnosis of [breast, lung] cancer
- a diagnosis of [diabetes, arthritis, Parkinson's disease]
- a diagnosis of the [symptoms, ailment, discomfort, pain]
- the patient is [in for, undergoing] diagnosis
- the doctor [gave, announced, confirmed] the diagnosis
- the initial diagnosis was [discarded, ruled out, dismissed]
- [was, formed] the basis of [the, her] diagnosis
- the diagnosis turned out (to be) [correct, incorrect]
- the diagnosis following [screening, examination, scanning]
- early diagnosis is [essential, vital]
- a diagnosis of the [issue, problem, situation]
- a [careful, detailed, thorough] diagnosis of the [issue]
- bring your [car, computer] in for a diagnosis
'diagnosis' also found in these entries: