WordReference English Collocations © 2020
detectⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- detect the [presence, threat] (of)
- detect [an intruder, movement, any changes]
- [a system, an alarm, a device] to detect [intruders]
- detect [drugs, fraud, crime]
- detect (the presence of) [alcohol, marijuana] in his blood
- detect a [stale, musty, fruity] odor (of)
- detect a [hint, note] of
- detect (a hint of) [satire, sarcasm, hatred]
- Do I detect a [hint] of sarcasm (in your voice)?
- detect and [secure, prevent, defend, avoid, ensure, identify]
- detect [how, when, where, what, if]
'detect' also found in these entries:
able - activity - beam - bell - clarity - colon - controller - counterfeit - dose - dwarf - forgery - ghost - hint - imaging - increased - mental - parallel - pattern - presence - probe - rift - screening - shrewd - smack - stir - storm - strain - strength - test - threat - tone - transmission - trigger - wand - weakness