WordReference English Collocations © 2020
desperateⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- am getting desperate for [the bathroom, a drink of water]
- is desperate for [attention, affection, help]
- am desperate to [find, keep, see, make, have, know]
- Why are you so desperate?
- When did you [get, become] so desperate?
- the [house, car] is in desperate need of [repairs, attention]
- feels like a desperate situation
- [in, made] a desperate attempt to
- made a desperate appeal for [clues, leads, information]
- desperate times call for desperate measures
- (the situation) is becoming [increasingly, alarmingly] desperate
- in a desperate struggle for
- the [attacker, killer, enemy] got desperate
- is a desperate [man]
- [said, done, made] in desperate taste
- desperate [defending, attacking, tactics]
'desperate' also found in these entries: