WordReference English Collocations © 2020
denseⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- slang: don't be so dense!
- slang: are always so dense!
- slang: can't believe I could be so dense!
- slang: is too dense to [understand, realize]
- a dense [material, wood]
- the material is (very) dense
- a dense [book, novel, textbook]
- drive through a dense fog
- can't see through the dense fog
- dense and heavy
- walk through a dense [forest, jungle]
- the [forest] started to [become, grow] denser
- the forest began to grow more and more dense
- a dense growth of [trees, shrubs]
- through dense [vegetation, foliage]
- dense with [vines, foliage]
- dense urban [areas, environments, populations]
- a dense network of
'dense' also found in these entries: