WordReference English Collocations © 2020
delightfulⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- was delightful to [see, have, be, hear]
- [what, that was] a delightful surprise!
- what a delightful surprise!
- that is delightful news (indeed)!
- has been a delightful [year]
- had a delightful [evening] (with you)
- a delightful (little) [house, store, town, restaurant]
- delightful and charming
- a delightful [book, movie, story] about
- a delightful [blend, mix, collection] of
- [relaxing, listening] to delightful [sounds, music]
- had a delightful experience (at)
- had a delightful [time, vacation, trip]
- a delightful combination of
- what a delightful [dress, outfit, costume]
- was a delightful [performance, speech, rendition]
- that is absolutely delightful!
- how delightful!
- has been delightful [having you over, getting to know you]
- [their company, the weather] was delightful
'delightful' also found in these entries: