- Inflections of 'deliberate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
deliberate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- her actions were (not) deliberate
- a deliberate [attempt, effort] to
- a deliberate action
- with a deliberate indifference (towards)
- was a deliberate [decision, choice]
- made the deliberate decision to
- the deliberate [use, intention, destruction, damage] of
- [is, constitutes, represents] a deliberate attack on
- the deliberate killing of
- a deliberate and [unethical, immoral, far-reaching] decision
- it wasn't deliberate
- it was [entirely, completely] deliberate
- was very deliberate over the [details, project, task]
- slow, deliberate movements
- deliberate on the [issue, matter, subject] (of)
- deliberate upon the [issue] (of)
- deliberate over the [issue] (of)
- deliberate about the [issue] (of)
- deliberate in [Washington, Congress]
- deliberating whether or not to [go, declare war, resign]
- deliberate long and hard (before) [going]
- the jury has been sent out to deliberate
'deliberate' also found in these entries: