- Inflections of 'delegate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
delegate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [Republican, Democratic] delegates
- the [Republicans] won [fifteen] delegates
- send a delegate to
- assigned a delegate to [negotiate, meet, discuss]
- delegates [rejected, backed] the proposals
- a delegate from
- the delegate representing the [county, region]
- an official delegate
- [House, Senate] delegates
- delegates in the [House]
- [five] delegates are up for re-election
- there were  delegates at the conference
- state delegates from
- delegate tasks to
- learn to delegate tasks
- knows how to delegate
- is [good, bad] at delegating tasks
- delegate authority
- have been delegated to [subordinates, support staff]
- tasks delegated by the [manager, boss]
- were delegated in [person, writing]
- was delegated to [meet, greet, show, entertain]
'delegate' also found in these entries: