- Inflections of 'dedicate' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dedicate ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- dedicate your [life, time, day] to
- (have to) dedicate a lot of time (and effort) to
- dedicate [a song, the book, a message, his first novel] to
- [I'd, I would] like to dedicate this [song] to my [wife, husband, boyfriend, girlfriend]
- dedicate the day to [reading, gardening, relaxing]
- dedicated himself to the [cause, movement, organization, company]
- dedicated herself to the [mission, task, project]
- dedicated themselves to [cleaning, making, removing, painting]
- dedicate a new [building, facility, school]
- dedicated the money to [charity, a fund, a new house]
'dedicate' also found in these entries: