WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dayⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [school, work] day
- [had, am having] a [bad, good] day
- [an average, a normal, a regular] day
- how was your day?
- what day [suits you best, is best for you]?
- on the [first] day of [November, the year]
- any day but [tomorrow, Saturday]
- took me the [whole, entire] day to
- spent [the, all] day [working, at the office, in bed]
- have been [running around, working, studying] all day
- will be [running around] all day (tomorrow)
- the store opens [every day, six days a week]
- the [package, parcel] should be here any day (now)
- a day out
- a day on the [beach, boat, road]
- a day at the [cabin, office]
- a day in the [car, wilderness]
- the day after tomorrow
- the day before yesterday
- a day of [remembrance, mourning]
- on a day like any other
- [three] days [earlier, later, before]
- at the break of day
- at the [start, end] of the day
- in the middle of the day
- the day is almost over
- the day is just beginning
- have [an exciting, a long] day ahead of us
- the day has gone [well, as expected] (so far)
- one day I will [succeed, finish, leave]
- [would, will] be a cold day in hell when
- spend a day in his shoes
- spent five days [at sea, on a desert island, in a cave]
- those were the days!
- (way) back in the good old days
- back in the day (when)
- what a day for [giving up smoking]!
- [what, such] a [rotten, rainy, miserable, sunny] day!
- [let's, we should] call it a day
- they are day and night (to each other)
- you've made my day!
- seize the day
- work the day shift
- has a day job
'day' also found in these entries:
April - August - Christmas - December - Earth - January - July - June - Lord - May - November - October - Paris - September - Sunday - Wednesday - absent - achievement - across - active - activity - advent - after - all - anguish - any - anytime - apology - apple - appointed - arcade - argument - around - aside - ask - ass - assignment - autumn - average - avoid - awareness - awful - back - bad - baking - balance - bank - bathe - battle - beat