WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dareⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- dare you to [do, go, try, climb]
- (go on,) I dare you!
- was dared to [do]
- was dared by his [friends, brother, bullies]
- how dare you!
- how dare you say that!
- how dare you [contradict, ignore, insult] me
- dared not [speak, try, go]
- she dares not [speak]
- they dared to [dream, explore, be different, imagine]
- Dare I ask?
- I wouldn't (even) dare
- a [stupid, childish, foolish, dangerous] dare
- [took on, accepted] the dare
- did [it] on a dare
- is that a dare?
- what was the dare?
- would do (almost) anything on a dare
- I'm [game, up, ready] for a dare
- [acted, performed, stripped] on a dare
- play truth or dare
- was a double dare
- the dare is to [do, get, kiss, say]
'dare' also found in these entries: