WordReference English Collocations © 2020
dadⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- was a [great, wonderful, terrible] dad
- a [soccer, working, stay-at-home, modern] dad
- my [deadbeat, embarrassing] dad
- his [real, biological, adoptive] dad
- (found out) he wasn't her (real) dad
- is (proud) dad to [five] [children, kids, boys, girls]
- is like a dad to me
- are going to be a dad!
- I love you, Dad
- Dad, you're the best!
- my dad is the best!
- Dad, stop embarrassing me!
- don't embarrass me, Dad!
- you were never there as a dad
- never had a dad growing up
- wish my dad were here
- my dad works [from home, as a teacher, in a factory]
- my dad is [picking me up, dropping me off]
- my dad taught me (how) to [drive, shave, ride a bike]
- Dad took me to the [game, cinema]
- do what your dad says
- am [staying at, moving into] my dad's house
- am staying with my dad for the [school year, summer]
- my mom and dad are always (arguing)
'dad' also found in these entries:
bad-tempered - barbecue - beating - bet - carbon - cemetery - chess - closely - coax - cop - craft - drunk - earring - fish - fishing - forgetful - frog - ground - hash - hero - hiding - home - let - like - marine - memory - mistake - mom - name - permission - plan - poor - remedy - shave - soldier - spanking - subscription - technique - tick - visit - wheel