WordReference English Collocations © 2020
custodyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [shared, joint, weekend, sole, child, preventive] custody
- have [shared] custody of the [children, child]
- have agreed to [shared, joint] custody
- Custody has been awarded to the [mother].
- [requested, demanded, filed for] custody of (the children)
- was taken into custody
- [She, The suspect] is being held in custody.
- held in custody in [connection to, accordance with]
- is in custody for questioning
- The [goods, items, valuables] were held in custody.
- in the custody of the [sheriff, police]
- a custody [lawyer, case, subject, hearing]
'custody' also found in these entries: