WordReference English Collocations © 2020
curbⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [street, road] curb
- The [car, truck] ran the curb.
- The [car] [hopped, jumped] the curb.
- [tripped, stumbled] on the curb
- [drove, ran] over the curb
- keep [away from, off] the curb
- [hanging out, chilling, sitting] on the street curb
- waited at the curb [before, when] crossing
- [Parking meters, Trees] lined the curbs.
- [kicked, threw] the ball into the curb
- a [yellow, double yellow] line along the curb
- a curb on [spending, investments, transfers]
- [impose, set, enforce, establish] a curb on [spending]
- curb [the violence, fraud, unemployment]
- [need, have to, must] curb (the) [violence]
- are [trying, attempting, managing] to curb [violence]
- [measures, plans, programs, solutions, initiatives] to curb [violence]
- curb your [enthusiasm, excitement] for
- curb your [urge, need]
- curb your [urge] [to, for]
- [methods, exercises, tips, pills] to curb your [appetite, cravings]
- curb their [spending, expenses]
- curb the [spread, power, growth] (of)
- curbed by the [measures, process, plans]
- curb your [horse, dog]
- was [arrested, busted] for curb crawling
'curb' also found in these entries: