WordReference English Collocations © 2020
crumbⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [bread, cookie, food, cake] crumbs
- [spilled, got] crumbs on his [shirt, pants]
- [You're, Stop] getting crumbs all over (everything).
- [wipe, dust, brush] the crumbs off
- [wipe] the crumbs off the [table, chair, surface]
- (looking for, waiting for) a few crumbs of [insight, information, comfort]
- [provide, offer, get] some crumbs of [insight]
- amounted to no more than crumbs
- slang: My [boss, teacher] is a crumb.
- slang: He's a [total, dirty, complete] crumb.
- slang: that crumb had the [nerve, cheek] (to ask)
'crumb' also found in these entries: