WordReference English Collocations © 2020
crucialⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- it is crucial that you [don't forget, go, remember]
- is crucial for [success, understanding]
- was crucial in [preparing, determining, preparing]...
- played a crucial role in
- [proved, turned out] to be crucial
- its role was crucial in
- crucial and important
- is a crucial element [of, in]
- was a crucial factor in
- a crucial step [forward, towards]
- left out crucial [information, details]
- is a crucial difference between...
- the crucial moment when...
- make crucial decisions that (will) affect...
- face a crucial decision [concerning, regarding]
- (negotiations) have reached a crucial stage
- the crucial stage in negotiations
- is a crucial aspect of
- has been crucial [to, during]
- a crucial advancement (in)
- the [discovery, research] has been crucial to our understanding of
'crucial' also found in these entries: