WordReference English Collocations © 2020
crownⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [king's, queen's, royal] crown
- a [gold, silver, diamond, paper, decorative] crown
- a crown of [leaves, roses, thorns, glory]
- [donned, wore, put on] the crown
- The crown indicated [rank, status, power].
- UK: a [member, representative] of the Crown
- has a bald spot on his crown
- the crown of her head
- the [dentist, orthodontist] fitted a crown
- have to get a crown [fixed, put in]
- has to have a crown fitted (in his mouth)
- is the jewel in the [company's, family's] crown
- sports: has won the [pitching, football, boxing, goal-scoring] crown
- sports: The champion [defended, lost] his crown.
- A crown was [old money, five shillings].
- was crowned [king, queen, champion, emperor] of
- my tooth needs to be crowned
- crowned her career
- the baby's head is crowning
- crown him with thorns
- tried to steal the crown jewels
- is looking for her crown prince
'crown' also found in these entries: