WordReference English Collocations © 2019
criticismⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [severe, harsh, insulting, literary, constructive] criticism
- a [huge, large] amount of criticism
- a [barrage, wave, heap] of criticism
- cannot [handle, take, accept] criticism (well)
- refuses to accept any criticism (about)
- need to learn to take criticism
- criticism about the [performance, service, quality]
- criticism of the [book, newspaper, play, movie, government, plan]
- criticism of their [handling, management, decision]
- Criticism was leveled at the [restaurant, coach, government, author].
- leveled criticism at the [author]
- Constructive criticism is [welcome, encouraged].
- (received) criticism from [fans, the government, customers, the public, experts, viewers]
- a piece of literary criticism
'criticism' also found in these entries:
adverse - any - barrage - blistering - counter - deal - evoke - except - expose - fierce - frank - greet - handle - harsh - hint - intense - kindly - ladle - let - level - minor - mounting - outspoken - peer - persistent - pointed - reply - respond - savage - severe - shallow - shut - spicy - storm - superior - temper - warrant - wary - water - withstand