WordReference English Collocations © 2020
crankyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is always so cranky
- stop being so cranky!
- why are you so cranky?
- well, aren't we cranky today?
- don't be cranky with me
- sorry, I'm (just) cranky today
- sorry I've been so cranky lately
- a cranky old [man, lady]
- cranky and [tired, irritable]
- a cranky baby
- the baby is cranky
- a cranky old [woman, teacher]
- is regarded as a cranky [customer, person]
- slang: cranky-pants [people, customer, boss]
- get cranky when
- got cranky after (a long shift)
- always makes me cranky
- am feeling cranky today
- didn't mean to be so cranky
- UK: came up with a cranky [idea, proposal, scheme]
- UK: the [scheme] was dismissed as cranky
- an old and cranky [machine, plane]
'cranky' also found in these entries: