WordReference English Collocations © 2020
craneⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [building, construction, vehicle, tow, rescue] crane
- a [dockside, port, quarry] crane
- a [camera, television, studio] crane
- use a crane to [hoist, lift, reach, move, deposit, remove, rescue]
- [moved, adjusted, positioned, extended] the crane
- move [bricks, stones, containers, materials] with a crane
- [was, were] deposited by cranes
- a dolly and crane for [filming, the television studio]
- large birds [such as, including] cranes
- Cranes were [gliding, cruising, flying] overhead.
- [is, works as] a crane [driver, operator]
- the crane [arm, beam, lever, controls]
- the [studio, director] employed a crane shot
'crane' also found in these entries: