WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cowboyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a cowboy in [Dallas, Austin]
- a cowboy's [spurs, boots, horse]
- [rode, acted, spoke, swaggered] like a cowboy
- wanted to be a cowboy growing up
- playing cowboys and Indians
- The cowboy rode into town.
- The cowboy walked into the [saloon, bar].
- The cowboys rounded up the [herd, cattle, animals].
- The cowboy [branded, lassoed] the calves.
- The cowboy drew his [gun, weapon, revolver].
- slang: Where are you [going, heading], cowboy?
- slang: is being [run, managed] by (reckless) cowboys
- slang: is [in the hands, under the control] of (careless) cowboys
- slang: Hey, slow down there, cowboy. What do you think you're doing?
- [conned, ripped off] by cowboy builders
- [used, hired] cowboy builders
- is a cowboy [president, leader]
- wearing cowboy [spurs, boots, jeans]
- entering cowboy territory
- a cowboy [western, movie, ranch]
'cowboy' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):