- Inflections of 'costume' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
costume ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [party, fancy-dress, birthday, Halloween] costume
- costumes for Halloween
- [make, rent, buy] a costume (for)
- wearing a [clown, period, superhero, vampire, frog, princess, wizard] costume
- dressed in a [clown] costume
- put on his costume
- [makes, designs, sews, repairs, embroiders, fits] costumes
- designs costumes for [movies, television, the theater]
- the costume comes (complete) with
- The costume is too [big, large, small, tight, baggy].
- I [feel, look] ridiculous in this costume!
n as adj
- costume a [child, troupe, figure, doll]
- costumed the [cast, actor, actress, dancers]
- costume a [play, show, movie]
- costumed in [period, flowery, traditional] wear
- costumed as a [witch, crocodile, ghost]
- costumed for [Halloween, the play, the party]
- costumed and [staged, choreographed]
- [is, works as] a costume designer
- went to a costume party
- costume [design, accessories, jewelry, ideas, rental]
- a costume [shop, store]
'costume' also found in these entries: