WordReference English Collocations © 2020
corpseⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [dead, drowned, decomposed, mutilated, rotting] corpse
- [examined, inspected, evacuated, turned over] the corpse
- [dumped, buried, disposed of] the corpse
- the corpse was [found, discovered] in
- as [stiff, rigid] as a corpse
- The corpse was laid [on a blanket, in the coffin].
- cover the corpse (with a sheet)
- the corpse of the [soldier, victim, child]
- [lions, crows, cannibals] fed on the corpse
- The [car, lawnmower, motorcycle] is a rusting corpse.
- UK, slang: corpse on stage
- UK, slang: [he, the actor] corpsed
'corpse' also found in these entries: