WordReference English Collocations © 2020
convict ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- the [jury, judge, court] convicted him of [murder]
- convicted him of [murder, rape, armed robbery]
- was (tried and) convicted [of, for] [murder]
- convicted in [2010, a court of law]
- convicted on [all, some, two] charges
- convicted by the [jury]
- convicted and [sent, taken] to jail
- convicted and [sentenced, fined, jailed]
- convicted at trial
- [reasonably, unreasonably, undoubtedly, wrongfully] convicted
- (never been) convicted of a crime
- [an ex, a former, a prison] convict
- [hunting, looking] for an escaped convict
- The convict escaped from [jail, prison].
- The convict should be considered armed and dangerous.
- were able to [catch, apprehend] the convict
- The convict was sentenced to [twenty years].
- [kidnapped, attacked] by escaped convicts
- [handcuff, jail, imprison] a convict
'convict' also found in these entries: