WordReference English Collocations © 2020
contractor ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- an [independent, electrical, industrial, outside] contractor
- is the [prime, main, major] contractor
- works as a [building, housing, residential, general, private, defense] contractor
- hired a contractor to [design, make, perform, provide, assess]
- a contractor who [designs]
- Do you know any good contractors?
- am looking for a [good, new] contractor (for)
- The contractor is a [month] behind schedule.
- The contractor is [$10,000] over budget.
- [inform, notify] the contractor [of, that]
- [run, managed, provided] by [local, government] contractors
- [outsourced, handed over] to private contractors
- contractor [fees, costs, charges, expenses]
'contractor' also found in these entries: