WordReference English Collocations © 2020
constantⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- hear a constant [thumping, knocking, ticking] noise
- a constant [noise, humming, racket] coming from
- is a constant reminder [of, that]
- is a constant threat (to)
- pay constant attention (to)
- [nagged, dogged] by constant [doubts, fears, worries, questions]
- apply constant pressure (to)
- a constant (mathematical) value
- remain in constant contact [with, during]
- are in constant contact
- [travel, run, drive] at a constant speed
- keep at a constant temperature
- in a constant state of [oblivion, worry, panic]
- a constant flow of [information, water, cash]
- a constant and reliable supply of
- a constant [lover, friend, supporter] throughout
- the [value, cost, price] remains constant
- the [value] stays constant
- has remained constant over [the years, 10 years]
- constant and [loyal, steadfast]
- has been a constant in her [life, career]
- His [wife, partner, son] has been a constant (in his career).
- The speed of [light, sound] is a constant.
- is [thought, considered] to be a constant
- [remained, was] a constant throughout
- The [condition, hardship, struggle] was a constant.
- is a constant in [poor, inner-city, under-developed] areas
- constants in [mathematics, equations, geometry, physics]
'constant' also found in these entries:
anguish - assurance - barrage - communication - determination - drizzle - drum - ebb - encouragement - feed - hum - hustle - juggle - limelight - misunderstanding - moan - nag - nagging - ooze - practice - rambling - refrain - relatively - remain - replay - revenue - scowl - sound - surveillance - throbbing - undefined - weeping - whining - wind