WordReference English Collocations © 2020
consequence ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- just have to [face, deal with, take, accept] the consequences
- [time, need] to [face] the consequences
- he'll have to [face] the consequences (of)
- [face] the consequences of your [decisions, actions, thoughts]
- Well, that was an unforeseen consequence!
- ignore the [possible, potential] consequences
- did not consider the consequences before
- did not plan appropriately for the consequences
- What are the (most) [likely, probable] consequences?
- Did you even think about the consequences before you...?
- the consequences of [attacking, threatening, offering, refusing]
- [chose, decided] to ignore the consequences
- the [accident, crash, mistake] was a consequence of
- was a consequence of the [storm, downpour, gale]
- is a consequence of poor [living, driving, thinking, preparation, management]
- a consequence of a [poor, sedentary] lifestyle
- a consequence of [careless, reckless, thoughtless] driving
- Cancer is a possible consequence of [smoking, asbestos exposure].
- there will be major consequences if you (don't)
- you are going to experience major consequences if you (don't)
- is a matter of [no, little, minimal] consequence
- In consequence, you'll [need, have] to be (prudent).
- In consequence, he was [forgotten, pardoned, reprieved].
'consequence' also found in these entries: