WordReference English Collocations © 2020
consensusⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- There was (no) consensus of opinion.
- A consensus of opinion was [reached, attained, lacking].
- a consensus (of opinion) is required [for, to]
- A consensus must be reached.
- were [not, finally] able to reach a consensus
- A consensus could not be [reached, attained].
- require a consensus (of votes) in order to
- the consensus was that (they should)
- the general consensus is that
- found consensus among [doctors, experts, her peers]
- unlikely to [find, reach] consensus
- Decisions are made by consensus.
- a consensus [concerning, about, on, regarding]
- a consensus as to [how, when, where, what, who, whether]
- is a consensus [vote, opinion, view]
- [reached, attained] a consensus opinion
'consensus' also found in these entries: