WordReference English Collocations © 2020
conscienceⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a [question, matter] of conscience
- [moral, personal, ethical] conscience
- was [playing, preying, hammering] on her conscience
- was [eating away, gnawing] at her conscience
- [guilt, fear, frustration, revenge] filled his conscience
- her conscience was [wrecked, occupied] by guilt
- has a guilty conscience [due, owing] to
- My conscience keeps [blocking me, getting in the way].
- his conscience won't [let him, allow him to]
- cannot [do, say, promise] it in all good conscience
- The [crime, deceit] has been on his conscience.
- has been on her conscience for [a while, some time, several months]
- his conscience [says that, tells him to]
- Listen to your conscience.
- was [guided, led, betrayed, driven] by her conscience
'conscience' also found in these entries: