WordReference English Collocations © 2020
confessⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- religion: confess your sins
- is there anything (that) you would like to confess?
- would you like to confess anything?
- I confess, it was me
- I confess, I [stole, forgot, took]
- confess what you [did, have done]
- confess to guilt
- confessed his guilt
- confess to [having, being, going]
- confess to the [jury, court]
- confessed in court
- confessed under [duress, torture]
- I need to confess something (to you)
- I have something to confess...
- there's something I need to confess (to you)
- confess and [acknowledge, repent, accept]
- confess my [transgressions, ignorance, faults]
- confessed his love (for, to)
- confessed that she was the one who...
- I must confess that I [didn't know, was surprised] that
- confessed to the [robbery, murder] (of)
- he confessed a [passion, liking] for
- "I suppose they're right," she confessed
'confess' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):