- Inflections of 'concrete' (v): (⇒ conjugate)
- v 3rd person singular
- v pres pverb, present participle: -ing verb used descriptively or to form progressive verb--for example, "a singing bird," "It is singing."
- v pastverb, past simple: Past tense--for example, "He saw the man." "She laughed."
- v past pverb, past participle: Verb form used descriptively or to form verbs--for example, "the locked door," "The door has been locked."
WordReference English Collocations © 2020
concrete ⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
n as adj
- [decorative, stressed, hardened] concrete
- a [ton, wheelbarrow, slab, block, pallet] of concrete
- [make, manufacture, produce] concrete
- [covered, reinforced, built, layered] with concrete
- use concrete to [hold, protect, build, cover]
- lay a [path, surface] with concrete
- built with concrete and [steel]
- pour concrete for the [foundation, driveway]
- waiting for the concrete to [harden, set]
- write your [name, initials] in the wet concrete
- Be careful. The concrete is still wet.
- [steel, asphalt, cement, bricks] and concrete
- The [policies, terms, conditions, dates] are set in concrete.
- Nothing is set in concrete.
- is not set in concrete (yet)
- (reinforced) concrete [construction, buildings, structures]
- a concrete [floor, wall, barrier, stairway]
- concrete [blocks, slabs]
- living in a concrete jungle
- a concrete [truck, mixer]
- concrete products
- [need, look for, find] concrete proof (of)
- is concrete proof of their [innocence, guilt, sincerity]
- for no concrete reason
- [give, need, offer] concrete [ideas, proposals]
'concrete' also found in these entries (note: many are not synonyms or translations):