WordReference English Collocations © 2020
conceiveⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- cannot conceive (a child)
- are unable to conceive (a child)
- are trying to conceive (a child)
- the [baby, child] was conceived in [January]
- underwent treatment to conceive
- was conceived using fertility treatment
- the [project, idea] was [originally, first] conceived in 
- (originally) conceived in , the project was...
- the [project] was (originally) conceived by...
- the project was conceived to [create, facilitate, improve, provide]
- I can't conceive [why, how, what] you would...
- it's difficult to conceive [why]
- I find it difficult to conceive [why]
- can't conceive of such [events, reactions]