WordReference English Collocations © 2020
compromiseⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- reach [an acceptable, a temporary, a willing] compromise
- a mutually beneficial compromise
- was a [painful, far from ideal, beneficial, difficult] compromise
- a compromise between two [stances, standpoints, demands, points]
- I think that is [a decent, an acceptable] compromise, don't you?
- Can we agree on a compromise?
- [The two, all] parties reached a compromise.
- were unable to reach a compromise
- The [parents and children, unions and directors] reached a compromise.
- made a compromise to [get, secure, complete]
- A compromise must be [reached, made, discussed].
- will make no compromises on [quality, price, features, times]
- would [be, mean] a compromise of his [dignity, integrity, reputation]
- Their [relationship, marriage] is based on compromise.
- The secret of their [relationship] is compromise.
- [will not, does not, refuses to] compromise
- [obligated, forced] to compromise
- compromise your [integrity, values] (for the sake of)
- compromise their [position, safety, privacy]
- compromised the safety of their passengers
- compromise on [quality, safety, features]
- compromise quality for [speed, cost]
- the [mission, operation] was compromised
- her [identity, disguise] was compromised
- the [structural integrity, component] has been compromised
'compromise' also found in these entries: