WordReference English Collocations © 2020
componentⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a [vital, primary, necessary, crucial, major] component (of)
- a [vital] component of the [app, application, software, system]
- a [vital] component for the [building, construction, assembly] of
- is an [essential, important, active, operational, operative] component (of)
- [hi-fi, stereo, machine, equipment, device, computer] components
- a component of the [mixture, formula, substance]
- is the main component of the [detergent, softener, cleaner, product]
- is [just, merely] one component of
- [Some, Several] components are [missing, faulty].
- [Certain, Some] components are [outsourced, imported].
- [hydrogen, nitrogen, sulfur] is a main component of
- is an integral component of [a motor, an engine, a vehicle]
- and the component parts (of)
- the component parts of the [computer, engine]
- the [computer's] component parts
- [analyze, study, inspect] the component elements of
- component (-video) cables
'component' also found in these entries: