WordReference English Collocations © 2020
complexionⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- has a [fine, pallid, pale, white, dark, brown] complexion
- an [African, Asian] complexion
- a [cream, wash, product] to [clear, improve] your complexion
- a [healthy, glowing, tanned, clear, rugged, soft, smooth] complexion
- put a different complexion on [events, the story, the saga]
- The [statement, testimony, revelation] put a new complexion on [events].
- [changed, altered] his political complexion
- changed the complexion of the [game, match, strategy]
- the (general) complexion of the [nation's, family's, company's] finances
- the [various, many, multitude of] complexions of his character
'complexion' also found in these entries: