WordReference English Collocations © 2019
complaintⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [an official, a civic, a neighborhood, a consumer, an anonymous] complaint
- complaints from the [customers, users, members, neighbors]
- a complaint [relating to, concerning, about]
- Your complaints are [welcome, heard].
- you may submit any complaints [to, by]
- [lodge, log, file, write, submit, email] a complaint (about)
- a complaint [lodged] against the [company, local council, neighbor]
- [write, send, post] a letter of complaint
- have received [several, many, hundreds] of complaints (about)
- Their complaint was that [the noise was too loud, the product was ineffective].
- complaints about the [service, food, noise, quality, staff]
- The neighbors have been complaining about [the noise].
- brushed [away, aside] their complaints
- refused to [accept, hear, listen to] her complaints
- have [no, little, strong] grounds for complaint
- a complaint of [harassment, discrimination, racism, unfair treatment]
- complaints from [parents, readers, viewers, students]
- write in the complaints [book, sheet, log]
- fill [in, out] a complaint form
'complaint' also found in these entries: