WordReference English Collocations © 2020
competentⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a competent [lawyer, attorney, doctor]
- the [lawyer] is not very competent
- I need a competent [lawyer] to
- find a more competent [lawyer]
- find a [lawyer] who is more competent
- do you know any competent [lawyers]?
- can you recommend any competent [lawyers]?
- am looking for a competent [lawyer]
- am competent at [using, doing]
- deemed competent to [stand trial, testify]
- feels competent to take on the [task, job, challenge]
- competent and [reliable, professional, experienced, qualified, impartial]
- has very competent staff
- their staff is very competent
- a competent governing body
- referred to the competent authority
- [mentally, highly, fully] competent
- is competent in the field of...
- competent in [using]
- competent legal [advice, counsel, representation]
- speaks competent [Spanish]
'competent' also found in these entries: