WordReference English Collocations © 2020
comedyⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [tragic, slapstick, romantic] comedy
- in a comedy about [space, a family]
- am in the mood for a (good) comedy
- comedy and [drama, action]
- watch a (good) comedy
- [make, direct, produce] a comedy
- a comedy based on...
- in a comedy of errors
- the comedy of the situation
- need a little bit of comedy (in my life)
- was full of comedy
'comedy' also found in these entries:
act - actor - attic - author - bedroom - black - bland - combination - cross - dose - film - flair - gag - gift - hilarious - lace - light - low on - masterpiece - movie - muse - musical - must - novel - play - poignant - program - prominent - romance - romantic - routine - series - show - situation - sketch - sly - writer