WordReference English Collocations © 2020
columnⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [stone, wood, marble, steel] column
- The columns [supported, held up, sustained] (the structure).
- The columns of the [ruins, temple] still stand (today).
- erected a column in [honor, memory] of
- a (thick) column of [fog, smoke, pollution]
- long columns of [tanks, soldiers, troops]
- a column of text
- the [left, right, middle, center] column
- the far [left] column
- [adjust, set] the [height, width] of the column
- [insert, delete, hide, expand, move, edit] a column
- [arrange, sort, filter] the column (by)
- arrange the column in [alphabetical, numerical, descending] order
- a table [with, consisting of, that has] [four] columns and [three] rows
- has her own column in the newspaper
- I always read her column.
- has a [weekly, daily, weekend] column in the paper
- writes a column on [fashion, politics, sports, lifestyle]
- writes a (weekly) [fashion] column
- the column [header, heading, title]
- (adjust) the column [height, width]
'column' also found in these entries: