WordReference English Collocations © 2020
colloquialⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- is a (common) colloquial [expression, word, term, phrase] for
- using a colloquial [expression] to say
- using colloquial [language, speech]
- in colloquial [language]
- the colloquial [usage, sense] of
- is a colloquial use of (the word)
- What's the colloquial [word, term] for ...?
- has a colloquial style of [speech, writing]
- colloquial [English] grammar
- colloquial or [informal, formal, slang, conversational] (language)
- also has a colloquial meaning
- is (a little) [more, less] colloquial than
'colloquial' also found in these entries: