WordReference English Collocations © 2020
clogⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- There's a clog in the [toilet, pipes, sink, drain].
- caused a clog in the [toilet]
- cannot get the clog out of the [toilet]
- The clog caused the [toilet, sink] to overflow.
- need to fix this clog [fast, immediately]
- [remove, unblock, clear] the clog
- [plunge, snake] the clog
- call a plumber to [fix, remove] the clog
- The [tax, duty] is a clog on the [market, industry].
- [wearing] a pair of clogs
- [sell, make, buy, wear] clogs
- [Dutch, wooden, traditional] clogs
- [plain, designer, patterned, black] clogs
- clogs with [straps, sole, holes]
- clogs with [suede, leather] straps
- [dressed, dancing, walking] in clogs
- [had, with] clogs on (their feet)
- Clogs are [typical of, associated with] Holland.
- These clogs are [comfortable, uncomfortable, weird, hard].
- clogged (up) the [drain, pipe, toilet]
- clogged the [drain] (up)
- [hair, food, grime] clogged the [drain]
- [leaves, snow, mush, mud] clogged the gutters
- [fat, cholesterol] clogged his arteries
- [fatty food, lots of sugar] clogs (up) your arteries
- the [drain, filter] has clogged up [again, twice]
- has clogged up with [leaves, dirt]
- the [drain] clogs up [repeatedly, easily]
- prevent the [drain] from clogging (up)
- [cars, traffic] clogged (up) the [road, highway]
- [people, tourists, shoppers, fans] clogged the [stadium, streets, city center]
- clog-dancing (shoes)
- is a clog dancer
- a clog maker
'clog' also found in these entries: