WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cliffⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [white, rocky, steep, rugged, limestone, sandstone] cliff
- [fell, jumped] off a cliff
- The [tourist, hiker, man] fell off the cliff.
- The car drove [over, off] the cliff.
- The plane flew [into, over] the cliff.
- [slipped, stumbled, wobbled] on the cliff's edge
- [gripping, hanging] on to the cliff's edge
- houses [built, carved] into the cliff
- a [house, hotel] on top of a cliff
- made a [road, freeway] round the cliff
- [built, made] a tunnel through the cliffs
- could [see, make out] the cliff
- [walked, hiked, climbed] to the top of the cliff
- The [birds, seagulls] were circling the cliffs.
- at the very edge of the cliff
- the [face, top, bottom] of the cliff
- a cliff [house, dweller]
- a [jagged, rough, smooth] cliff face
- [trekked, climbed] to the cliff top
- the [show, episode, season] ended on a cliff-hanger
'cliff' also found in these entries: