WordReference English Collocations © 2020
chopperⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [police, rescue, traffic, surveillance, military] chopper
- [climbed, got] into the chopper
- [got, stepped] off the chopper
- the chopper was downed by
- A chopper (was) transporting [the wounded, supplies, ammunition].
- the chopper carrying the [wounded]
- The chopper [landed, took off] safely.
- The chopper crashed into the [wall, rocks, tree].
- a [meat, log, wood] chopper
- [Rev, Start, Crank] up your chopper.
- a gang of choppers
- [flashed, showed] his [new, white] choppers
- electricity: a chopper to interrupt the [current, light]
- a chopper [crash, rescue]
- a chopper gang