WordReference English Collocations © 2020
choirⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- join the [school, church, cathedral, gospel, local, monastery] choir
- is [part, a member] of the [school] choir
- [conduct, direct, lead] the choir
- was [encouraged, asked] to join the choir
- [join, sing in] the choir
- the choir performed [at, for]
- idiom: [You're, they're, that's] preaching to the choir.
- choir [music, members, boys]
- a choir [director, performance, festival]
- is [at, going to] choir practice
- choir robes
- [join, sing in] a male voice choir
'choir' also found in these entries: