WordReference English Collocations © 2020
chickenⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [fried, roasted, grilled, raw, cooked] chicken
- [tandoori, sweet and sour, coronation] chicken
- chicken and [rice, vegetables]
- chicken with [rice]
- [cook, grill, pan-fry] the chicken
- wash your hands after [touching, handling] chicken
- are having chicken for [dinner, lunch]
- I'm no spring chicken (anymore)!
- is raising chickens
- the chickens are [raised, slaughtered]
- a rubber chicken
- don't be such a chicken!
- slang: (come back,) you chicken!
- UK: what's [up, wrong, the matter], chicken?
- the [kids, children, friends] were playing chicken
- playing chicken in the [street, road]
- chicken's eggs
- chicken [soup, salad, drumsticks, nuggets, breast, wings]
- Chicken [Caesar salad, Supreme, Cacciatore, Chasseur]
- a chicken [farm, coop]
- a fence made of chicken wire
- won't [do it, fight] - he's chicken
- is too chicken to (do it)
'chicken' also found in these entries:
baked - barbecue - batter - beef - biscuit - bone - bread - breast - broth - butterfly - case - cook - counterpart - cream - curry - devil - dinner - done - egg - farm - feed - fillet - filling - finger - flour - freezer - fried - ginger - glaze - grill - grilled - honey - jerk - joint - lay - lemon - like - liver - lunch - neck - oven - pasta - poach - pork - pot - rice - roast - run - sage - salad