WordReference English Collocations © 2020
cherryⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- a [jar, tray, bag, basket] of cherries
- [sweet, bitter, dark, maraschino] cherries
- [pick, grow, seed] cherries
- pick the [ripest, juiciest] cherries
- make a [salad, jam, sauce, smoothie] with cherries
- [wash, rinse, deseed] the cherries [before, prior to]
- a salad with cherries and [walnuts, goat's cheese]
- [a pie, ice cream] with cherry and [plum, peach]
- The [cabinet, table, desk] is made of cherry.
- UK, idiom: [was, were] given another bite [at, of] the cherry
- informal: Pretty please with a cherry on top!
- sexually explicit, slang: He [took, popped] her cherry.
- sexually explicit, slang: She [popped, lost] her cherry when she was (17).
- cherry [ice cream, smoothie, candy, cough drops, soda]
- [sweet, sour] cherry flavor
- has a cherry color
- (solid) cherry [wood, floors, furniture]
- a cherry [tree, pit]
- in a cherry orchard
- see the cherry blossoms
- go cherry picking
- [eat, bake] a cherry pie
- [pick, eat] cherry tomatoes
- a cherry-picked [option, feature, item]
- live on Cherry Street
- cherry-flavored [ice cream]
- the [ice cream] is cherry flavored
- cherry-colored [wood, stain, paint]
- the [wood] is cherry colored
- a cherry- [red, pink] dress
'cherry' also found in these entries: