WordReference English Collocations © 2020
chemistryⓘMost examples are given in US English. We have labeled exceptions as UK.
- [applied, organic, physical] chemistry
- is [studying, taking, majoring in] chemistry
- taking [an exam, a course] in chemistry
- getting a degree in chemistry
- studying chemistry [at school, in college, at the university]
- is my teacher for chemistry this [year, semester]
- Chemistry is my (least) favorite subject.
- [hate, love, am terrible at] chemistry
- has [poor, broad, reasonable] knowledge of chemistry
- There was [no, lots of, a lot of, great] chemistry between them.
- They felt the chemistry (between them) [right away, immediately].
- The [workers', couple's, team's] chemistry was [good, great, poor].
- no chemistry between the [leading actors, couple, players]
- [got, received, was given] a chemistry set (for)
- is a chemistry [student, graduate, master, teacher]
- a chemistry [exam, course, degree]
'chemistry' also found in these entries: